Special Offers
You've hit the Spot! Here are the the best offers you'll hope to find for Benidorm Hotels and Apartments!
Click here for the offers

Go Back   Benidorm Spotlight Forums > Benidorm Question and Answer

Old 05.09.2009, 02:10 AM   #1
woodruffe

easyjet cancel hols

good old easyjet now plan to move away from east mids.making it now harder to get a decent flight to benidorm.bmibaby are ok but not cheap.ryanair forget it.lucky i did not book for feb 2010.think there are going to finish in 3 months..so my money will be going to another resort.i only used to go for 3/4 days which was nice.but now looking at going somewhere else instead.

so thats my money not begen spent in beni.it all adds up in the long run.thats just me not talking about all the other people that have booked or was going to.mine you jet2 are moving to ema.so it makes you think.but papers today say east mids is lame.
woodruffe ist offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.09.2009, 02:29 PM   #2
duffy

woodruffe why not try monarch from birmingham,been using them more than anyone recently.book well in advance,and there are some bargains,your not far from me,and i find it quite easy to get to,i only usually go for 3/4 days
duffy ist offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.09.2009, 04:49 PM   #3
sandy2

The same thing is happening here in Almeria and having a really bad effect on resorts like Roquetas and Mojacar. It has also badly hit the people who bought retirement and holiday homes here and now can´t get to visit easily. Each year Easyjet seem to change which airports they are flying from.....and don´t even mention Ryanair. Several holiday companies also pulled out of the area for this summer, again cutting the number of flights available for residents and vsitors to the area. It´s mad really as Almeria airport is just expanding its site

Sandy
sandy2 ist offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.09.2009, 05:02 PM   #4
woodruffe

bhx is ok but its £85.00 in a taxi .i only pay £35.00 or get a silly mate to take me and pick me up for atenner.
Old 05.09.2009, 05:14 PM   #5
stephen
Administrator

crikey, i wish i had problems like that. i may as well live on the moon for 6 months a year! any idea how difficult it is to get to anywhere worth going from ibiza in winter?
Old 05.09.2009, 05:20 PM   #6
duffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodruffe View Post
bhx is ok but its £85.00 in a taxi .i only pay £35.00 or get a silly mate to take me and pick me up for atenner.
catch train only £25,, thats expensive that taxi fare,
duffy ist offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.09.2009, 09:55 PM   #7
nick c

As I worked at EMA for 10 years I am pretty qualified on this subject to answer 'EMA is lame'
1st. Alicante on Easyjet didnt even register in the top destinations ex-EMA
2nd, EJ, are pulling out due to landing fees and the 'Green taxes' that on November 1 goes up from £10 to £11, while for longer flights it will go up by as much as £20 to £60. they are also reducing Luton as well by 20%
(the government makes £2b per year from this tax)
3rd, EMA is 2nd only to Heathrow for AirFreight exports and imports
4th, EMA has more nightflights than anyother airport in Europe (that was 2 years ago figures)
5th, The most popular destination in Spain was Parma Majorca
6th, EMA has progressed as the biggest growing airport in the UK based on passenger number and freight increases for yeay after year.

To say the airport is lame is just a joke it really is. A brand new railway station called East Midlands Parkway has just opened and has a shuttle service every 15 mins so costs to and from have been slashed.

As for you not coming to Benidorm i'm sure the economy here will survive
nick c ist offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.09.2009, 10:44 PM   #8
woodruffe

its only what the papers said the other day.i know ema very well. and most of the higher staff who work there..so i know how it works.it just an easy airport for me.bhx by train is out of the question.i have done it before years ago flying to denmark.even by bus.takes too long.if ilkeston had a train station that might help.

we all know ema is the main freight airport round here.you only have to look at the dhl building.its bigger than the airport itself.plus i see post office mail planes fly over me everynight.

even though they have cut flights from luton.that would be a better option for me.

anyway i will sort it.so i can get out somehow.might even drive yet.i just feel sorry for all those people who used ema alot to get to there jibs.or houses/atps/villas.where every they had them.

but like stephen says you should see how hard it is to get out off ibiza in the winter months.mine you ryanair fly out over winter.as from last year.
Old 05.09.2009, 11:19 PM   #9
rondetto

I think it's only going to make flights more expensive, apart from the fact that there will be less flights available, of course fares will increase.
My only hope is that the flights to Alicante from most UK airports will be mostly unaffected.
That's just a hope of course.
Incidentally, we have to pay taxi fare of around £85 every time we travel, otherwise park the car in the airport. But, my holiday starts the minute I leave the house.

rondetto ist offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.09.2009, 12:25 PM   #10
nick c

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodruffe View Post
its only what the papers said the other day.i know ema very well. and most of the higher staff who work there..so i know how it works.it just an easy airport for me.bhx by train is out of the question.i have done it before years ago flying to denmark.even by bus.takes too long.if ilkeston had a train station that might help.

we all know ema is the main freight airport round here.you only have to look at the dhl building.its bigger than the airport itself.plus i see post office mail planes fly over me everynight.

even though they have cut flights from luton.that would be a better option for me.

anyway i will sort it.so i can get out somehow.might even drive yet.i just feel sorry for all those people who used ema alot to get to there jibs.or houses/atps/villas.where every they had them.

but like stephen says you should see how hard it is to get out off ibiza in the winter months.mine you ryanair fly out over winter.as from last year.
I worked at Birmingham and yes it's a pain, Luton and Manchester are far easier than BHX. There is a good shuttle from EMA to LHR and last time I used it was very reasonable but at the time National Express owned EMA.
Last night there was a massive intake of Brits, I saw 8 coaches outside McDonalds dropping off and also along the Mediterranio several more coaches so hopefully things are looking up, well except the Euro.
nick c ist offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28.10.2009, 05:54 PM   #11
woodruffe

easyjet cancel hols update

have now booked with bmi baby for next feb 2010.you cannot book with easyjet now.so like i say they are pulling out of eastmds.got flight a lot cheaper as well.so here i come.